10 Best Sulfate and Paraben Free Shampoos in Singapore 2023
Sulfates are the foaming agents found in traditional shampoos. These foaming agents can have negative effects when they prove too harsh for your hair, stripping it off its natural oils and drying it to the point where it’s brittle and limp. That’s why people reach for sulfate-free formulas. They’re thought to keep hair color and curls preserved more effectively and for longer than shampoos with these foaming agents. Although they might not lather up like you’re used to, know that your hair is still getting clean while becoming healthier at the same time.
A paraben is a preservative and it is used to prevent the growth of bacteria and fungus in shampoos. Compared to other, safer alternatives, they are cheaper, and mimic anti-microbial agents in plants. However, Parabens can be bad for hair as they are easily absorbed through your skin and can be harmful to your scalp. Parabens can cause a number of problems for your hair including drying, irritating your scalp, fading your color, and even hair loss. It has also been found that parabens actually attach themselves to estrogen receptors, causing a weak estrogen effect on the body.
Below, our picks of the best sulfate and paraben free shampoos that you can buy from your nearest retail stores like Watsons or online from Lazada Singapore.
- Reduced scalp oil (sebum) by 54.2%
- Increased scalp moisture by 142%
- Improve scalp soothing (redness)
- Improved hair root volume Reduced scalp redness by 39.88%
- 44% increase in hair root volume
- Improving scalp moisture lossReduce scalp moisture loss by 88%
- Improved scalp elasticity
- Increased scalp elasticity by 31.02%
- For a breath-taking shade of brown
- For a deeper brown and greater colour brilliance with every wash
- Reduces and Prevents menopausal Hair Loss
- Contains the active ingredient caffeine
- Contains beneficial ingredients such as Provitamin B5, Zinc, Niacinamide and more
- Daily usage provides 24/7 protection
- Developed especially to support the menopausal changes a woman's body goes through
- Paraben Free, Silicon Free
Grafen Root Booster is a silicone free and paraben free shampoo that promotes hair growth and scalp stabilisation.
- Eases skin irritation, inflammation, and blemishes
- pH 5.5
- Contains Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) : Prevents B3 shortage, a cause for hair loss, and boosts hair growth with increased scalp blood circulation.
I was loosing a lot of hair and getting desperate... Lol. I bought this on a whim not knowing much about it except what the advertisement said. When I first used it, I did not like it as I found it quite oily. I didn't need conditioner after this. For the first 2 months, I didn't think it did anything. I was still loosing a lot of hair. Was about to give up but then after the 2 months mark, something changed. There was less hair loss in the shower and when I was combing and blow drying. I've been using it for close to 6 months now and my hair looks like in the picture eg where I normally part my hair, you see more hair than white scalp. Will definitely purchase again.
L'Oréal was one of the first drugstore brands to base a line of shampoos on the sulfate-free mindset. This one is infused with Marula Oil, gently cleanses frizz-prone hair for humidity and frizz control, manageability and smooth luminosity.
The oats are sourced from a quiet mill located along the rolling hills of the Mississippi River Valley, in a small town where pride and quality go hand-in-hand.
Herbal Essences BioRenew Hydrate Coconut Milk is a hair treatment shampoo and conditioner that purifies and protects hair from damage.
- Color-safe, ph balanced
I love this shampoo and conditioner. I tried a sample from a magazine (which I usually don't do). My hair was damaged from chemo treatments. I tried many shampoos, this shampoo makes my hair as soft as I could ever want. I LOVE IT! Try it!