6 Best Multivitamin Brands in Singapore 2020: Prices and Reviews
The COVID-19 pandemic has affected the entire world. With the number of cases increasing daily, people have already started looking for ways to ensure that they have the best possible health. Taking a multivitamin supplement is one way that has been widely popular since this coronavirus pandemic started spreading in different countries.
With hundreds of multivitamin brands out there, how do you know which brand is the best for you? Are they all the same? If you are looking for a guide on how to choose the best multivitamin brands in Singapore, you've come to the right place.
Research has shown that supplementing with certain vitamins, minerals and other substances can improve immune response and potentially protect against illness.
Multivitamin supplements are available in the form of tablet, capsule or powder formulations which contain multiple vitamins in one (for example, Vitamin C, vitamin D3 + zinc).
Some health supplement promoters may suggest that you take different separate supplements. Buying several bottles of different individual supplements is likely to cost more. Often times, these supplements may come in combination and certain vitamins or minerals might be duplicated thus leading to over-dose.
Multivitamin supplements usually have 'most' of the essential vitamins and minerals and these combinations serve to augment one another or have multiple benefits so that you don’t have to take separate pills. In general, multivitamins serve to supplement your existing diet for micro nutrients you may be missing out on.
Do take note that if you are already taking food nutritional supplements such as Ensure or Enercal, you might not need additional multivitamin supplements as most of these nutritional supplements do contain most of the essential vitamins and minerals.
Best Multivitamin Brands in Singapore based on Popularity and Value
1. Garden of Life Multivitamin for Women | Best Multivitamin for Women in Singapore
Buy Now on Lazada
- No high heat, synthetic binders, fillers, artificial flavors, sweeteners, colors or additives commonly used in tablets
- Suitable for vegetarian
- Includes Live Probiotics and Enzymes for Healthy Digestion
2. NOW Foods Adam Men's Multivitamin (Best Value) - Best Multivitamin for Men
- With Saw Palmetto, Plant Sterols, Lycopene & CoQ10
- Gentler and Easier to Swallow & Absorb
- A Dietary Supplement
- Family Owned Since 1968
- Quality GMP Assured
3. Garden of Life Multivitamin for Men | Best Multivitamin for Men in Singapore
- No high heat, synthetic binders, fillers, artificial flavors, sweeteners, colors or additives commonly used in tablets.
- Suitable for vegetarian.
- Includes Live Probiotics and Enzymes for Healthy Digestion.
4. Blackmores Multivitamin Singapore
5. Centrum Multivitamin
Best Nutritional Supplement in Singapore
6. Glucerna Triple Care Powder Vanilla 850g
- Glucerna® is a complete and balanced formula with a Triple Care Nutrient System scientifically formulated to support dietary and weight management in people with diabetes.
- STEADY ENERGY - Low Glycemic Index (GI) and advanced, improved slow-release carbohydrate blend. Contains 4X HIGHER* Inositol per serve (800mg) & Chromium for macronutrient metabolism. *Compared to previous formula
- MUSCLE SUPPORT - Source of high quality Triple Protein blend to provide essential amino acids needed to aid in building and maintenance of muscle tissue.
- BONE SUPPORT - Contains Calcium (223mg/ serve) & Vitamin D (6.51mcg/ serve) to support strong bones.
- NERVE SUPPORT - Contains Vitamin B1, B2, B6 and B12 to support nerve function.
- UNIQUE LIPID BLEND - With Monounsaturated fat (MUFA, Omega-3 and Omega-6), low Saturated Fat, Cholesterol-free and Trans fat-free.
- UNIQUE DUAL FIBER BLEND - With Oat Fiber and FOS. Also, lactose-free and gluten-free.
Frequently Asked Questions
When selecting a multi, the most important thing is to be sure it lists the right amount of each essential vitamin and mineral. Check your own requirements using the RDA table provided by ConsumerLab.
How do you ensure the quality of the supplement?
Some supplement manufacturers voluntarily choose to undergo testing to show their commitment to producing high quality products.
One objective indicator of product quality is a Certificate of Analysis (COA), which is awarded by an independent third-party company, such as NSF, USP, Banned Substances Control Group (BSCG), or ConsumerLab.
Most products that have been certified by one of these third-party companies have been tested for one or more of the following (nsf.org):
- The supplement contains what’s stated on the label and in the amounts listed
- Products are standardized from batch to batch.
- The supplement is free of harmful levels of contaminants or other potential drug contaminants.
- The product doesn’t contain any undeclared ingredients.
Taking a basic MVM is unlikely to pose any risks to health. But if you consume fortified foods and drinks (such as cereals or beverages with added vitamins and minerals) or take other dietary supplements, make sure that the MVM you take doesn’t cause your intake of any vitamin or mineral to go above the upper levels. (Use the Online DRI tool to learn the upper level of each nutrient.)
Pay particular attention to the amounts of vitamin A, beta-carotene (which the body can convert to vitamin A), and iron in the MVM.
- Women who get too much vitamin A during pregnancy can increase the risk of birth defects in their babies. This risk does not apply to beta-carotene, however. Smokers, and perhaps former smokers, should avoid MVMs with large amounts of beta-carotene and vitamin A because these ingredients might increase the risk of developing lung cancer.
- Adult men and postmenopausal women should avoid taking MVMs that contain 18 mg or more of iron unless their doctor has told them that they have iron deficiency or inadequacy. When the body takes in much more iron than it can eliminate, the iron can collect in body tissues and organs, such as the liver and heart, and damage them. Iron supplements are a leading cause of poisoning in children under age 6, so keep any products containing iron (such as children’s chewable MVMs or adults’ iron supplements) out of children’s reach.
MVMs with recommended intake levels of nutrients don’t usually interact with medications, with one important exception. If you take medicine to reduce blood clotting, such as warfarin (Coumadin® and other brand names), talk to your healthcare provider before taking any MVM or dietary supplement with vitamin K. Vitamin K lowers the drug’s effectiveness and doctors base the medicine dose partly on the amount of vitamin K you usually consume in foods and supplements.